Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rainy Day and Potty Training

I have done it. Well, ok... we're working on it. But I am determined! It is TIME for Ally to completely potty train. We started working with her five months ago but had several set backs. Now however, we WILL do this! We are almost out of pull-ups (just enough left for Sundays and shopping days), and I am NOT buying more. (Can you sense my determination?) Monday was good. We spent a lot of time outside, so I took the little blue potty chair out with us. We only had one accident all day! I think that it helped that she thought it so fun to be able to go potty outside... Tuesday wasn't so good, by the time I caught on to the fact that she wanted to go on the "blue potty" which was outside, it was pouring rain. I should have just gone out in the rain to get it. Oh well... Today was better than yesterday. We still had several accidents, but not as many. And... she stayed dry over nap time! That's a first! She got a popsicle for that (and one to share with RaeRae). I wanted to spend most of our time this week outside. Alas, that has not happened. We woke up this morning to more rain. So, as we like to do occasionally when it's supposed to be rainy all day and we can't go out to play, we had a Rainy Day, Pajama Day! Well, the girls stayed in their PJs. The Charter guys came this afternoon to switch our internet to a wireless conection so I had to get dressed. After breakfast they asked to watch a movie. As they were picking out what they wanted to watch, I had a brillant idea. Why not let them watch a movie in a tent? Then I realized how perfect our front entry is for building a tent. A king sized blanket, a couple of clothes pins, and three dining room chairs, and we were all set!
Of course that was just the tent top... We had to make this really comfy, so the girls got the cushions from the back of the sofa in the office and a pile of blankets to make a comfy cozy bed inside the tent. The cushions fit perfectly under the piano.
They had fun (despite having issues over sharing the pink minky blanket), and I had some quiet, not a bad morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment