Monday, August 10, 2009

Camping

A couple of weekends ago we went camping to one of our favorite places to be. The Bible camp where I grew up, where My Man and I met, where My Man proposed, and where my Mother-in-law still works as cook.

We had such a great time! The girls loved sleeping in a tent, fishing, hiking, seeing the horses, and their favorite part... picking the raspberries that were next to our camp site. Actually, we picked a great weekend to go because the raspberries were abundant. I was able to bring home about 7 cups to stick in the freezer to use in Mrs. Sedovic's Raspberry Christmas Pie... YUM! Of course there will be some extra to use in... whatever. I love raspberries! And it seems that Ally has inherited that from me. She spent every moment she could picking berries and popping them in her mouth!Here are the girls helping Daddy set up the tent.

Nana with all her kiddos: RaeRae, Eli, Ally, and Baby Bear

A quiet evening fishing and the camp lake... yeah right... the girls are 3 and 2! But it was fun, and I caught the only fish. A bass, but too small to keep.

Baby Bear all snug for the night in the tent. This is one of the fleece sleeper sacks I made before RaeRae was born. Isn't he so cute in it!

We really had a great time. Hopefully we will be able to go camping again, but for longer than just one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment