Friday, July 17, 2009

Pouring Pitchers - Preschool


I found these pitchers at Goodwill when we were in Appleton the other day. Pouring Pitchers is a Montessori preschool activity that teaches coordination and pouring skills. I had AllyOoper use the two plain pitchers (Still thinking of something for the flowered one) to pour water back and forth. Be sure to demonstrate this very precisely before allowing your child to do it herself. I found that a towel placed under the pitchers is quite helpful. :-) The first pour ended up all over the table! This is the second towel in the picture. Ally did this for about 5-8 minutes before starting to get sloppy (which is when I took this picture). RaeRae did it for a few minutes too, but she needs a little more activity to the game, so I might find some cups for her to pour into.

No comments:

Post a Comment