Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Priorities

Projects.  I have so many projects going on right now.  So many things that need to be done... or rather I want to be done.  I wanted so badly this morning to roll up my sleeves and get to work.  Especially on my decorating projects... I have these dreadfully naked windows and just yesterday got a few things to help dress them up. (I hate naked windows! And I have to come up with something creative for the ugly polished brass rods, and eventually the books in those boxes will find a home on a yet to be built bookshelf, and...)  Yes, it was quite tempting to take a break from "preschool" and work on "house."  Then I was reminded that houses don't build relationships; doing preschool with your children builds relationships.  My kids don't care if our windows have (or don't have) curtains, if the desk is a mess, or you can't hardly walk through the basement sewing/laundry room. 



What they want... what they need ...is quality time with Mom.

1 comment: