Monday, September 21, 2009

Peace and quiet when motherhood is stressful

Ah... Peace and quiet! It's a rather odd thing in our house, unless I stay up late or get up extremely early. No, it's not late or early... it's only 8:00pm! Matt decided to set up the tent in the backyard and camp out with the girls tonight. Hope he sleeps well! I know I'm going to enjoy this peace and quiet! I've got my favorite radio station on (abindingradio.com) and my favorite large mug from AtHome America full of Nestle's Rich Chocolate hot cocoa mix with milk. The only things that would make this better are fuzzy slippers, a comfy chair (not the kitchen table chair we currently have at the desk), and pleasant candle burning (I would but the desk is too crowded, but now that I think of it I might have Matt hang a shelf over the desk just for burning candles...).

Ah yes... time to take a breath, to clear my head. It seems things have been so busy and hectic lately. Has it really been or have the kids just been acting up more...? As I logged on to blogger just now and skimmed over the blogs that I follow I came across this encouraging post on At The Well. Motherhood has been rather stressful for me lately. I have a portion of THE MOM SONG by Go Fish as the ringtone on my cell. "If you have a lot of fun, but your work is never done, you're a MOM!" Lately I've been feeling like the work is never done, but I haven't been having much fun. I love my kids dearly; but these last few days I haven't been able to enjoy them. That bothers me. I know that they will not be little for very long. And God gave children to be a blessing, not a curse. I have to say though that the fault does not lie with my children. How can I show true 1 Corinthians 13 love, when I am not meeting regularly with the source of love, Jesus Christ? Obviously when I am trying in my own strength to meet the needs of my family, I am going to fail. It's only when I am leaning on Christ for His strength and letting His love shine through me, that I will have peace and joy and will truly be able to enjoy my kids! It's so easy to let the cares of this world crowd our lives. The cares of home: dishes, laundry, clean toilets, meals. Even the cares of church. Matt and I love being involved in our church. We want our children to grow up learning how and desiring to serve God. Yet even church ministries should not crowd out our children.

Abiding. Abiding in Christ. Drawing from His love, His strength. Being Christ focused. Not world focused, not home focused, not ministry focused. CHRIST focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment